Richard was born in Sunbury, Victoria. He began his dance studies at the Classique School of Dance in Sunbury, learning jazz and tap. He initially took up ballet to help with his posture and placement in other dance styles. At twelve he was accepted to train at the Victorian College of the Arts in Melbourne, studying ballet, jazz, tap, acrobatics and contemporary. In 2006 he was awarded a VCA scholarship to train at the Scottish School of Dance in Glasgow. He was accepted into The Australian Ballet School in 2008. While there he discovered a passion for choreography and was awarded the Graeme Murphy Award for Excellence in Contemporary Dance. He toured with The Dancers Company in 2010 and joined The Australian Ballet in 2011.
- Beige Couple in Jiří Kylián's Forgotten Land 2015
- "Stomper" in Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Puss in Boots in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- Frederick Ashton’s Monotones II 2015
- Jiří Kylián’s Petite Mort 2014
- 3rd theme pas de deux in George Balanchine’s The Four Temperaments 2013
- Garry Stewart’s Monument 2013
You may not know
Richard is Rafael Nadal’s self-titled number one fan.
- Scent of Love (Symphony in C program) 2016
- From Something, to Nothing for Bodytorque Up Late 2015
- Control for Bodytorque.DNA 2014
- Finding the Calm for Bodytorque.Technique 2013
- Frederick Ashton's Monotones II at the Genée International Ballet Competition 2016
- Swan Lake Act II Pas de deux at the Merry Makers Gala Concert 2014