Dimity Azoury began dancing at the age of four in her home town of Queanbeyan, New South Wales. She studied for eleven years at the Kim Harvey School of Dance in Canberra before moving to The Australian Ballet School in 2005.
She was accepted into The Australian Ballet in 2008, where she has had the opportunity to travel to Paris, London, New York, Japan, San Francisco and Los Angeles. She has loved working with many choreographers including Nicolo Fonte, Graeme Murphy, Tim Harbour, Stephen Page and Stephen Baynes.
Dimity was promoted to soloist in 2015 following her debut as Baroness von Rothbart in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake, to senior artist in 2017 and to principal artist in 2019.
“A young dancer with an explosive and mesmerising big jump — an uncommon asset among ballerinas”
- Alice in in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2017
- Aurora in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2017
- Clara in Graeme Murphy's Nutcracker – The Story of Clara 2017
- Wayne McGregor's Infra 2017
- Swanilda in Peggy van Praagh's Coppélia 2016
- Baroness von Rothbart in Graeme Murphy's Swan Lake 2016, 2015
- Tim Harbour's Filigree and Shadow 2015
- Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Myrtha in Maina Gielgud's Giselle 2015
- Jiří Kylián’s Bella Figura 2013
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award, 2014
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee, 2012
- Susan Morgan Scholarship, 2012