Joseph was born in Hobart, Tasmania in 1992. He began ballet at the age of five in Wellington, New Zealand, and continued his studies at Auckland’s Mount Eden Ballet Academy. He then studied at the Ann McDonald College of Performing Arts in Sydney. At the age of 14 Joseph’s family moved to Melbourne so he could attend The Australian Ballet School. He toured with The Dancers Company in 2010 and 2011. Joseph joined The Australian Ballet in 2012 and was promoted to coryphée in 2015.
- Frederick Ashton’s Symphonic Variations 2015
- Bottom in Frederick Ashton’s The Dream 2015
- Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015
- Jiří Kylián’s Petite Mort 2014
- Agni the Fire God and Performer in Stanton Welch’s La Bayadère 2014
- Flower Consort, Trepak and Arabe in Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker 2014
- Protector in Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon 2014
- George Balanchine’s Ballet Imperial 2014
- Pas de cinq in Serge Lifar’s Suite en blanc 2014
- Lorenzo in Rudolf Nureyev’s Don Quixote 2013
You may not know
Joseph loves sport and is an avid supporter of the Manchester United and Carlton Football Clubs.