Born in Dubbo, Ella is a descendant of the Wiradjuri people. She graduated from The Australian Ballet School in 2007 after touring with The Dancers Company. In 2008 Ella performed in Petroglyphs, a collaboration between Gina Rings and Leigh Warren and Dancers. Ella made her first appearance with Bangarra Dance Theatre in Fire – A Retrospective in 2009. Between 2009 and 2012 she danced with Bangarra in Mathinna, of earth & sky, Belong, Spirit and Terrain. In 2012, Ella performed in Australia and New York with Bangarra and The Australian Ballet in Warumuk – in the dark night, a collaborative work created by Stephen Page for The Australian Ballet’s 50th anniversary celebrations. She joined The Australian Ballet in 2013. Ella, a documentary centring on Ella and her dance journey to date, was released at the 2016 Melbourne International Film Festival.
- Grand Matron in Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow 2018
- Peasant Pas de deux and Lead Wili in Giselle (Regional Tour) 2017, 2016
- Pink Pas de deux in Jiří Kylián's Forgotten Land 2016
- Spanish Dancer in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2016
- Stomper in Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Lead Hungarian in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015
- Eclipse in Stephen Page’s Waramuk – In the Dark Night 2012
You may not know
Ella won a Deadly award in 2012 and a Woman of Style award in 2017. Ella practices traditional aboriginal basket weaving, choreographs and designs lino prints.