Brooke Lockett began dancing at the age of three in her home town of Ballarat, studying classical ballet with Trudy and Lisa Harris. At age 13 she was accepted into The Australian Ballet School's full-time program and moved to Melbourne to pursue her training. Brooke participated in The Dancers Company tour before joining The Australian Ballet in 2006. Since then Brooke has had many onstage highlights and has enjoyed many international tours with the company, including those to the UK, Auckland, Shanghai, Tokyo, Paris and New York. In 2008 she was awarded the Khitercs Hirai Foundation Scholarship, which enabled her to experience the world of ballet on an international scale and develop herself as an artist. In 2012 Brooke was promoted to coryphée. She is passionate about sharing her love for the art form on and off the stage.
- Clara in Peter Wright's The Nutcracker 2014
- Demi-Soloist in George Balanchine's Ballet Imperial 2014
- Girlfriend in Rudolf Nureyev’s Don Quixote 2013
- First Love in Graeme Murphy’s Beyond Twelve 2012
- Anina in Graeme Murphy’s The Silver Rose 2010
- Peggy van Praagh’s Coppélia 2010
- Stanton Welch’s Divergence 2009
- Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2006 – 2015
- Stephen Baynes' Constant Variants 2007
You may not know
Brooke has a growing love affair with photography and loves getting behind the lens. "I love capturing those moments when your heart skips a beat, time stands still in that one photograph for that one moment."
- Khitercs Hirai Foundation Scholarship 2008