Take a trip by town car to our Production Centre in Altona, where our costumes, sets and props are lovingly stored. You’ll discover highlights of the collection and hear the stories behind these precious objects. Join our mailing list below for more information on how you can join our Production Tours in 2021.
$160 per person (each tour is limited to 12 spots)
2 hours including transfers
Ages 16 and above
Step Inside Email
News about and offers for our events, talks and classesSign up
Production Centre Tours
Explore The Australian Ballet’s priceless collection of sets and costumesPhotography Kate Longley
Here's some important info you need to know before attending Production Centre Tours:
- The meeting place is in the foyer of the ground level of The Primrose Potter Australian Ballet Centre 2 Kavanagh Street Southbank at least 10 minutes prior to the tour start time, where you will be met by a member of The Australian Ballet staff
- Towncars leave for the Production Centre at approximately 10:00am, if you feel you may be running late please call our Customer Experience team on 1300 369 741
- As this is a working environment, safety considerations prevent us from hosting any children under the age of sixteen years. All children between the ages of sixteen and eighteen must be accompanied by a supervising parent/guardian
- No photography or filming is permitted
- Some areas in the Production Centre have a strict "no-touch" policy due to fragile costumes stored for archival purposes. Please respect this policy when the tour guide notifies you of entering such areas.
- Please note, this is an english-spoken, 60-minute walking tour with no bathroom breaks or opportunity to sit
If you have any further questions about this event or need to communicate any changes about the person/s attending, please phone our Customer Experience team on 1300 369 741
Venue and Dates
Coming in 2021!