Alice was born and raised in Bendigo and started dancing at the age of four. She began her dance studies at a local school before attending the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School for a year in 1998; she then undertook four years of full-time classical training at Ballet Theatre of Victoria. After two years with Royal New Zealand Ballet, Alice joined The Australian Ballet in 2007 and has danced in a wide range of classical and contemporary repertoire. Alice has a passion for choreography and has created four critically acclaimed works for the company’s Bodytorque seasons. In 2014 she choreographed an intimate pas de deux, performed by Rudy Hawkes and Vivienne Wong, for Megan Washington’s Begin Again music video; in 2016 her first mainstage work, Little Atlas, premiered at the Sydney Opera House as part of The Australian Ballet's Symphony in C program. She was promoted to coryphée in 2017.
- William Forsythe's In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated 2016
- Wayne McGregor’s Chroma 2014
- Jiří Kylián’s Petite Mort 2014
- Wayne McGregor's Dyad 1929 2013, 2009
- Phlegmatic Lady in George Balanchine’s The Four Temperaments 2013
- Stanton Welch's Divergence 2009
- Krzysztof Pastor's Symphonie Fantastique 2008, 2007
You may not know
"I have a love for creating, collaborating and choreographing and am enjoying discovering and developing my own language of movement. I also have a passion for cricket, horse-riding, vintage clothing and fine wine."
- Little Atlas 2016
- Same Vein for Bodytorque.DNA 2014
- Tinted Windows for Bodytorque.Technique 2013
- Scope for Bodytorque.Muses 2011
- Trace for Bodtytorque.à la mode 2010
- Australian Dance Award nomination for Outstanding Choreography for Same Vein 2015