Welcome - we're here to help
The Australian Ballet customer experience team provides the following information to ensure your ticket-buying experience is as simple as possible. If the below information doesn't answer your question, please visit our Contact Us page.
The Australian Ballet Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Tickets purchased through The Australian Ballet are subject to the terms and conditions on our Policies page. The Australian Ballet adopts the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia. Attendees must also abide by the terms and conditions of the venue in which the performance is held.
1. Tickets sold by The Australian Ballet are subject to the following and any other applicable terms and conditions and to the terms and conditions, applicable to the venue of the performance.
2. Casting and programs are subject to change without notice.
3. Tickets to mainstage performances are non-refundable except in the case of a cancelled performance or in line with our COVID-19 ticketing policy.
4. Exchanges are only permitted for mainstage tickets. Exchanges are subject to availability. Please refer to the full terms and conditions specified online under Ticket Refunds, Ticket Resale and Ticket Upgrades and Exchanges at australianballet.com.au/termsandconditions
5. Patrons arriving late will not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the performance which may not be until first interval. Latecomers may not be seated in their ticketed seat, but in an alternate nearer an entrance where minimal disruption will be caused to seated attendees. This is at the discretion of the venue staff.
6. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited.
7. Mobile phones must be turned off before the performance.
8. The Australian Ballet and the venues in which it performs in reserve the right to refuse admission. Patrons who disrupt a performance may be removed from the venue. Patrons enter the performance venue at their own risk.
9. If applicable, proof of concession must be carried at the venue at all times and presented if requested.
10. If a ticket is transferred then the attendee must be eligible for any applicable concession, or an upgrade must be paid by contacting the customer experience team on 1300 369 741 by no later than 3pm the business day before Wednesday matinee, weekend and public holiday performances and by 10am on the day of for all other performances, or at the venue box office.
11. Tickets to The Australian Ballet’s performances and events may not be sold for above 110% of the original purchase price, that is the price printed on the face of the ticket. This is in line with NSW and Victorian State Anti-Scalping Legislation.
12. Irrespective of age all patrons must hold a ticket for the performance unless attending a designated babe-in-arms performance, where children aged under 2 years are admitted free of charge, providing they are seated on the lap of an accompanying adult.
Full Terms and Conditions at australianballet.com.au/termsandconditions
Ticketholders must not attend the venue if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been advised to self-isolate. Please refer to our full COVID-19 ticketing policy.
We encourage all audience members to download and register their details using the COVIDSafe app. Performance venues may require you to scan a QR code or register your entry into the venue on arrival.
Ticket Price Types and Concessions
A variety of price types are available for Season Packages and single tickets to mainstage performances. Proof of concession valid at time of purchase must be provided when purchasing any concession tickets. Season Package tickets will not be sent until proof of concession has been received via email. You may be asked to provide proof of concession to venue staff when attending performances.
Senior: available to individuals with an Australian government issued Seniors Card.
Pensioner: available to individuals with an Australian government issued Pension Card.
Concession: available to individuals with a full-time student ID, Australian government-issued health care card or Australian government issued Pension Card.
Under 30: available to individuals 30 years or under at time of purchase with acceptable proof of age ID. e.g. Driver's license, proof of age card, passport or birth certificate.
Child (<18): available to individuals 18 years or under at the time of purchase.
Seating Reserve Guide
Price Reserves are based on quality of view. They are intended to be a guide of the view you can expect from varying positions within the theatre and are not a guarantee of your actual viewing experience. The quality of view and level of restrictions can vary depending on the staging of the particular performance.
Premium: Centrally positioned seats that give the best views.
A-Reserve: Excellent seats that offer clear and unrestricted views of the stage.
B-Reserve: Good seats that are either in a less central position or further back in the theatre. They may have some restrictions to the view of the very sides of the stage, but this will mainly affect your view of entrances and exits rather than crucial elements of the ballet.
C-Reserve: These seats may be located to the rear or side of the auditorium and have a restricted view of some peripheral elements of the ballet.
D-Reserve: These seats are located in the extreme rear or sides of the theatre, and have a restricted view; however, the centre of the stage is still clearly visible.
E-Reserve/Restricted view: These seats are at the rear of the balcony in the State Theatre (Arts Centre Melbourne), and on the extreme sides of the loge in the Joan Sutherland Theatre (Sydney Opera House). These seats have significant sightline restrictions and are recommended for a music-only experience.
National Companion Card Scheme
The Australian Ballet supports the National Companion Card Scheme. For more information about the scheme, visit companioncard.gov.au. To book a Season Package using a Companion Card, please contact The Australian Ballet customer experience team on 1300 369 741 and press 1 to be placed in the dedicated access booking queue.
If a ticket sold at a concession price type is to be used by an attendee not eligible for the same concession, the difference between the ticketed concession and new rate must be paid by the ticketholder. This upgrade may be carried out in advance by contacting The Australian Ballet customer experience team on 1300 369 741 no later than 3pm the business day prior for performances on weekends, Wednesday matinees or Victorian public holidays, or 10am the day of for all other performances. Upgrades requested after this time can be completed at the venue box office from one hour prior to your performance subject to availability.
Children at the Ballet
All attendees, irrespective of age, must hold a valid ticket to gain admission to Main Stage performances.
Babes-in-arms tickets may be available for children under 12 months for some dedicated productions including Storytime Ballet.
We encourage you to be considerate of the needs of the surrounding audience members if bringing babies or children to performances and to consider the appropriateness of performance content. We suggest reviewing our guide to Children at the Ballet.
Performance and Cast Details
Runtimes and casting for each mainstage performance are published on our website approximately one week before opening night. Casting is subject to change without notice. A nightly cast sheet will be available online prior to each performance. Printed cast sheets will not be available at the venue.
Ticket exchanges can only be made for mainstage productions performed at Arts Centre Melbourne and Sydney Opera House. Exchanges can only be made for performances within the same production, must be finalised by the required times and are always subject to availability. The required times for exchanges to be finalised; 3pm the business day before for performances on weekends, public holidays and Wednesday matinees; and by 10am the business day of all other performances. Exchange fees and upgrade costs may apply. Exchanges can be made by calling our customer experience team on 1300 369 741 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday AEST, excluding Victorian public holidays.