Welcome - we're here to help
The Australian Ballet Customer Services Team provides the following information to ensure your ticket-buying experience is as simple as possible. If the below information doesn't answer your question, please visit our Contact Us page.
We look forward to sharing a wonderful year of ballet with you in 2017.
Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Tickets purchased through The Australian Ballet are subject to the terms and conditions on our Policies page. The Australian Ballet adopts the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia. Attendees must also abide by the terms and conditions of the venue in which the performance is held.
1. This ticket is sold subject to the following (and any other applicable) terms and conditions and to the terms and conditions applicable to the venue of the performance.
2. Casting and programs are subject to change without notice.
3. Tickets are non-refundable.
4. Exchanges are only permitted for Season Package tickets. Exchanges are subject to availability and to the full terms and conditions specified online at australianballet.com.au/termsandconditions
5. Patrons arriving late will not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the performance and may be refused admission.
6. Photography and recording are strictly prohibited.
7. Mobile phones must be turned off before the performance.
8. The Presenter and Venue reserves the right to refuse admission. Patrons who disrupt a performance may be removed from the venue. Patrons enter the performance venue at their own risk.
9. If applicable, proof of concession must be carried at all times at the venue and presented if requested.
10. If this ticket is transferred then the user must be eligible for any concession given or an upgrade must be paid at the venue box office.
11. This ticket may not be offered for resale at a premium without the prior written consent of The Australian Ballet, otherwise the ticket may be cancelled without notice.
12. Irrespective of age all patrons must hold a ticket for the performance unless attending a designated babes in arms performance, where children aged under 2 years are admitted free of charge and must sit on the lap of the accompanying adult.
13. The Australian Ballet adopts the LPA Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia available at liveperformance.com.au
Full Terms and Conditions at australianballet.com.au/policies
Ticket Price Types and Concessions
A variety of price types are available for Season Packages and single tickets. Proof of concession valid at time of purchase must be provided when purchasing. Tickets will not be shipped until proof of concession has been received via mail, email, or uploaded online. You may be asked to provide proof of concession to venue staff when attending performances.
Senior: available to individuals with an Australian government issued Seniors Card.
Pensioner: available to individuals with an Australian government issued Pension Card.
Under 30: available to individuals 30 years or under at time of purchase with acceptable proof of age ID. Eg. Drivers license, proof of age card, passport or birth certificate.
Child (<18): available to individuals 18 years or under at the time of purchase with acceptable proof of age documentation. Eg. Birth certificate or passport.
If a ticket sold at a concession rate is to be used by an attendee not eligible for the same concession, the difference between the concession and full rate must be paid by the ticketholder. This upgrade may be carried out in advance by contacting The Australian Ballet customer experience team on 1300 369 741 or can be completed at the venue box office one hour prior to your performance.
Children at the Ballet
Full-length mainstage productions: All attendees, irrespective of age, must hold a valid ticket to gain admission to mainstage performances.
Babes in Arms: Children under 2 years can be admitted free of charge to Step Inside events and must be seated on the lap of the accompanying adult.
We encourage you to be considerate of the needs of the surrounding audience members if bringing babies or children to performances and to consider the appropriateness of performance content. We suggest reviewing our guide to Children at the Ballet.
Performance and Cast Details
Runtimes and casting for each story ballet performance are published on our website approximately one week before opening night. Casting is subject to change without notice. A nightly cast sheet will be available at the performance with one cast sheet for every two attendees.
Subscribers may exchange tickets to all mainstage productions. Exchanges can only be made for performances within the same production, must be finalised at least five business days prior to the earliest performance and are always subject to availability. Exchange fees of $4 per ticket and upgrade costs apply. All exchange enquiries can be directed to our customer experience team on 1300 369 741.
Season Package change requests
Changes to series, seating reserve, and seating allocation are subject to availability for renewing Principal Package subscribers. Change requests are processed in order of receipt. If a change is unable to be accommodated at the time of receipt, changes may be offered after the closure of subscription renewals when unrenewed seating becomes available. In such instances, your current seats will be renewed in full without changes and The Australian Ballet will contact you at a later date if your change can be accommodated.
Ballet Holiday Requests
Principal Package subscribers who have held their package for five consecutive years or more are able to take a year’s break, or drop any number of ballets from their Season Package, and The Australian Ballet will take reasonable endeavors to allocate the same seats the following year. The Ballet Holiday option is only available for one year in every six. Ballet Holidays must be arranged via The Australian Ballet customer experience team.