Welcome - we're here to help
The Australian Ballet customer experience team provides the following information to ensure your ticket-buying experience is as simple as possible. If the below information doesn't answer your question, please visit our Contact Us page.
We look forward to sharing a wonderful year of ballet with you in 2019.
The Australian Ballet Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Tickets purchased through The Australian Ballet are subject to the terms and conditions on our Policies page. The Australian Ballet adopts the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia. Attendees must also abide by the terms and conditions of the venue in which the performance is held.
1. Tickets sold by The Australian Ballet are subject to the following and any other applicable terms and conditions and to the terms and conditions, applicable to the venue of the performance.
2. Casting and programs are subject to change without notice.
3. Tickets to mainstage performances are non-refundable except in the case of a cancelled performance.
4. Exchanges are only permitted for mainstage tickets. Exchanges are subject to availability. Please refer to the full terms and conditions specified online under Ticket Refunds, Ticket Resale and Ticket Upgrades and Exchanges at australianballet.com.au/termsandconditions
5. Patrons arriving late will not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the performance which may not be until first interval. Latecomers may not be seated in their ticketed seat, but in an alternate nearer an entrance where minimal disruption will be caused to seated attendees. This is at the discretion of the venue staff.
6. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited.
7. Mobile phones must be turned off before the performance.
8. The Australian Ballet and the venues in which it performs in reserve the right to refuse admission. Patrons who disrupt a performance may be removed from the venue. Patrons enter the performance venue at their own risk.
9. If applicable, proof of concession must be carried at the venue at all times and presented if requested.
10. If a ticket is transferred then the attendee must be eligible for any applicable concession, or an upgrade must be paid at the venue box office.
11. Tickets may not be offered for resale at a premium without the prior written consent of The Australian Ballet, otherwise they may be cancelled without notice.
12. Irrespective of age all patrons must hold a ticket for the performance unless attending a designated babe-in-arms performance, where children aged under 2 years are admitted free of charge, providing they are seated on the lap of an accompanying adult.
Full Terms and Conditions at australianballet.com.au/termsandconditions
Ticket Price Types and Concessions
A variety of price types are available for Season Packages and single tickets to mainstage performances. Proof of concession valid at time of purchase must be provided when purchasing any concession tickets. Season Package tickets will not be shipped until proof of concession has been received via mail or email. You may be asked to provide proof of concession to venue staff when attending performances.
Senior: available to individuals with an Australian government issued Seniors Card.
Pensioner: available to individuals with an Australian government issued Pension Card.
Under 30: available to individuals 30 years or under at time of purchase with acceptable proof of age ID. e.g. Driver's license, proof of age card, passport or birth certificate.
Child (<18): available to individuals 18 years or under at the time of purchase with acceptable proof of age documentation. e.g. Driver's license, proof of age card, passport, or birth certificate.
Volt Melbourne $88 Rush Offer Terms & Conditions
- Excludes Premium and A Reserve seating. Premium seating available for purchase via The Australian Ballet customer experience team (1300 369 741) or Arts Centre Melbourne
- Offer applicable to B and C Reserve seating. Standard pricing applies to D and E Reserve and concession pricing where applicable
- Discount applicable only to Melbourne Volt tickets purchased between 9am Monday 24 February 2020 and 11:59pm Wednesday 26 February 2020 AEST
- Tickets available for exchange at RRP. Normal ticket exchange terms and conditions apply
- Offer subject to availability
Seating Reserve Guide
Premium: Centrally positioned seats that give the best views.
A-Reserve: Excellent seats that offer clear and unrestricted views of the stage.
B-Reserve: Good seats that are either in a less central position or further back in the theatre. They may have some restrictions to the view of the very sides of the stage, but this will mainly affect your view of entrances and exits rather than crucial elements of the ballet.
C-Reserve: These seats may be located to the rear or side of the auditorium and have a restricted view of some peripheral elements of the ballet.
D-Reserve: These seats are located in the extreme rear or sides of the theatre, and have a restricted view; however, the centre of the stage is still clearly visible.
E-Reserve/Restricted view: These seats are at the rear of the balcony in the State Theatre (Arts Centre Melbourne), and on the extreme sides of the loge in the Joan Sutherland Theatre (Sydney Opera House). These seats have significant sightline restrictions, and are recommended for a music-only experience.
If a ticket sold at a concession price type is to be used by an attendee not eligible for the same concession, the difference between the concession and full rate must be paid by the ticketholder. This upgrade may be carried out in advance by contacting The Australian Ballet customer experience team on 1300 369 741 or can be completed at the venue box office from one hour prior to your performance.
Children at the Ballet
Full-length mainstage productions: All attendees, irrespective of age, must hold a valid ticket to gain admission to mainstage performances.
Babe-in-Arms: Children under 2 years can be admitted free of charge to Step Inside events and must be seated on the lap of an accompanying adult.
We encourage you to be considerate of the needs of the surrounding audience members if bringing babies or children to performances and to consider the appropriateness of performance content. We suggest reviewing our guide to Children at the Ballet.
Performance and Cast Details
Runtimes and casting for each mainstage performance are published on our website approximately one week before opening night. Casting is subject to change without notice. A nightly cast sheet will be available at the performance with one cast sheet for every two attendees.
Ticket exchanges can only be made for mainstage productions performed at Arts Centre Melbourne and Sydney Opera House. Exchanges can only be made for performances within the same production and must be finalised at least 72 hours prior to the earliest performance and are always subject to availability. Exchange fees and upgrade costs may apply. All exchange enquiries can be made online at australianballet.com.au/exchange or directed to our customer experience team on 1300 369 741.
Season Package Change Requests
Changes to series, seating reserve, and seating allocation are subject to availability for renewing Principal Package subscribers. Change requests are processed in order of receipt. If a change is unable to be accommodated at the time of receipt, your request will be recorded and reassessed prior to the following year's subscription renewal period. In such instances, your current seats will be renewed in full without changes and The Australian Ballet will contact you prior to the next year's season announcement if your change can be accommodated.
Ballet Holiday Requests
Principal Package subscribers who have held their package for five consecutive years or more are able to take a year’s break, or drop any number of ballets from their Season Package, and The Australian Ballet will take reasonable endeavours to allocate the same seats the following year. The Ballet Holiday option is only available for one year in every six. Ballet Holidays must be arranged via The Australian Ballet customer experience team.