Jake was born on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. As soon as his parents discovered that their baby was bopping his little head to any music he heard, they put him into dance classes. At the age of ten Jake successfully auditioned for The Australian Ballet School. At the age of 18 he joined The Australian Ballet. He was promoted to coryphée in 2017 and to soloist in 2018.
- Tim Harbour's Squander and Glory, 2017
- Vaslav Nijinsky in John Neumeier's Nijinsky, 2016
- Stephen Page's Waramuk - in the dark night, 2012
- Graham Murphy's Beyond Twelve, 2012
- Gary Stewart's Monument, 2011
- Telstra People's Choice Award, 2017, 2012