Applications are now open for our 2024 Immersion Program.
As part of The Australian Ballet On Tour, we are inviting emerging ballet teachers to develop their skills and training by applying to take part in our 2024 Immersion Program.
The program is focussed on engaging with emerging ballet teachers throughout Australia and providing resources that can be taken back to their communities and local dance studios.
The schedule for the Immersion Program includes observing rehearsals and coaching sessions with The Australian Ballet artistic staff, development and engagement with our Artistic Health team, in addition to behind the scenes access across all our departments to gain an insight into the operations of a professional dance company.
Based at The Primrose Potter Australian Ballet Centre in Melbourne, this one-week program is an exciting opportunity to work alongside and learn from Australia’s national ballet company. The recipient will receive personalised insights into The Australian Ballet’s artistic, production and costume departments which can be tailored to their specific interests and goals.
The recipient will also be given exclusive behind the scenes access to The Australian Ballet rehearsals and coaching facilities to gain an understanding of how a professional ballet company operates.
The Immersion Program is an exciting opportunity to learn from the country’s
national ballet company and share these skills with communities throughout
Applications are open to residents of Port Macquarie and Dubbo.
- Placement dates will be scheduled in 2024 at a mutually agreed upon time
- Applicants must be 18 years and over at the time of placement
- Applicants ideally will have 3 - 5 years teaching experience
- A teaching qualification (ie. RAD, Cecchetti) is desirable but not essential
Applications close by: Friday 4 August 2023.
Successful applicants will be invited to a workshop on the following dates:
- Dubbo: Wednesday 16 August 2023
- Port Macquarie: Saturday 19 August 2023
How to apply
Please submit the following documents via email to [email protected]
- A brief written statement (max. one page) outlining the following:
- Your ballet/dance experience
- The level of students you teach
- What impact does dance have on your students and in the wider community
- What you hope to gain out of the program
- A short physical demonstration video (5 mins max.) including the following:
- How you would teach a particular exercise of your choice to students
- Describe the aim and purpose of the exercise
- Explain how you would implement technical and artistic corrections for that exercise
Please upload this as an unlisted video to YouTube and include the link in your application.
For any queries, please contact us via email at [email protected]