Valerie Tereshchenko was born in Kiev, Ukraine. She immigrated to Australia with her family when she was six years old and a year later took her first ballet class. Valerie's talent for movement was nurtured at a number of Melbourne-based dance schools, including West Point Ballet Academy, Ballet Theatre of Victoria, and the Australian International School of Coaching. Valerie later joined The Australian Ballet School. In 2008 she participated in a school exchange in North America and that same year performed with The Dancers Company tour for the second time. In 2009 she joined The Australian Ballet; she was promoted to coryphée in 2015, and to soloist in 2017.
- The Lilac Fairy in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2017, 2015
- Wayne McGregor's Infra 2017
- Lead Swan in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2016
- Viktor Gvosky's Grand pas classique 2016
- William Forsythe's In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated 2016
- Russian Dancer in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2016, 2012
- Myrtha, Queen of the Wilis in Maina Gielgud’s Giselle 2015
- Guardian Swan in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015
- Stepmother in Alexei Ratmansky’s Cinderella 2016 - 2014
You may not know
Valerie speaks fluent Russian.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2013
- Paquita and Swan Lake Act III, The Dancers Company tour 2015