Sharni Spencer was born in Lismore NSW and grew up in Tamworth and Newcastle. She began dance classes when she was three years old and studied at Sally Kefts School of Dance and Marie Walton Mahon Dance Academy before joining New Zealand School of Dance. Sharni joined The Australian Ballet at the beginning of 2008 and was promoted to coryphée in 2012. She was the recipient of the Khitercs Hirai Foundation Scholarship in 2012, and used it to spend three months rehearsing and performing Giselle with Dutch National Ballet. She was promoted to soloist in 2017 and to senior artist in 2020.
- Alice in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2019
- Peasant Pas de deux in Maina Gielgud's Giselle 2019
- Giselle in Giselle (Regional Tour) 2017
- The Fairy of Generosity in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2017, 2015
- Cinderella in Alexei Ratmansky's Cinderella 2018
- Valencienne in Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow 2018
- The Countess in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2016
- "White Couple" in Jiří Kylián's Forgotten Land 2016
- Fourth Movement Soloist in George Balanchine's Symphony in C 2016
- Cygnet in Graeme Murphy’s and Stephen Baynes’ Swan Lake 2012 - 2015
You may not know
Sharni has swum with manta rays in Hawaii.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2013
- Khitercs Hirai Foundation Scholarship 2012