Rina Nemoto was born in Tokyo, Japan, and began dancing at the age of three. At the age of 15, she travelled to Paris for two years of classical ballet training with Daini Kudo and Dominique Khalfouni. In 2009, Rina was awarded a Prix de Lausanne scholarship and joined The Royal Ballet as an apprentice dancer. She joined The Australian Ballet in 2011; she was promoted to coryphée in 2016 and to soloist in 2018.
- Alice in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2017
- Fairy of Grace and Fairy of Generosity in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2017, 2015
- Trio from Stephen Baynes' Imaginary Masque 2017
- Pas de deux from Stephen Baynes' Molto Vivace (Ballet Under the Stars 2017)
- La Sieste in Serge Lifar's Suite en blanc (Adelaide Gala Spectacular 2017)
- 2nd Movement Soloist in George Balanchine's Symphony in C 2017
- Dawn in Peggy van Praagh and George Ogilvie's Coppélia 2017
- Countess, Lead Swan and Russian Dancer in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2016
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2014
You may not know
Rina is interested in pottery, and would like to explore it when she has more time.