Rina Nemoto was born in Tokyo, Japan, and began dancing at the age of three. At the age of 15, Rina travelled to Paris for two years of classical ballet training with Daini Kudo and Dominique Khalfouni. In 2009, Rina was awarded a Prix de Lausanne scholarship and joined The Royal Ballet as an apprentice dancer. Rina joined The Australian Ballet in 2011 and was promoted to coryphée in 2016.
- Richard House’s From Something, to Nothing for Bodytorque up Late 2015
- Cobweb in Frederick Ashton’s The Dream 2015
- Gamzatti’s Sister in Stanton Welch’s La Bayadère 2014
- Serge Lifar’s Suite en blanc 2014
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2014
You may not know
Rina's favourite book is Mao's Last Dancer.