Nathan was born and raised in Avalon Beach, New South Wales. He started dance classes at the age of seven after his parents recognised that, no matter what the music, Nathan was always dancing. He trained at Lamont Dance School in Avalon Beach, with Aryana Lamont, until the age of 14, when he moved to Melbourne to attend The Australian Ballet School. After graduating, Nathan joined Queensland Ballet’s Young Artist Program, where he had the opportunity to perform in George Balanchine’s Serenade© and Sir Kenneth McMillan’s Romeo and Juliet. He joined Queensland Ballet proper in 2015, touring with the company to Toronto, Canada and London. Nathan joined the corps de ballet of The Australian Ballet in 2016; he was promoted to coryphée in 2018 and soloist in 2019.
- Jupiter in Alexei Ratmansky's Cinderella 2018
- Scorpius in Lucas Jervies' Spartacus 2018
- Graeme Murphy's Schéhérazade 2018
- Kromow in The Merry Widow 2018
- Stephen Baynes' Constant Variants 2018
- The Caterpillar in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2017
- Aerial trio in David Bintley's Faster 2017
- The New Dancer/Léonide Massine in John Neumeier's Nijinsky 2016
- Second Movement Soloist in George Balanchine's Symphony in C 2016
- Stephen Baynes' Imaginary Masque 2016
You may not know ...
Nathan is the youngest of three boys. Growing up on the beach, both his older brothers became competitive surf boat rowers; Nathan prefers to scuba dive.