Nathan was born and raised in Avalon Beach, New South Wales. He started dance classes at the age of seven after his parents recognised that, no matter what the music, Nathan was always dancing. He trained at Lamont Dance School in Avalon Beach, with Aryana Lamont, until the age of 14, when he moved to Melbourne to attend The Australian Ballet School. After graduating, Nathan joined Queensland Ballet’s Young Artist Program, where he had the opportunity to perform in George Balanchine’s Serenade© and Sir Kenneth McMillan’s Romeo and Juliet. He joined Queensland Ballet proper in 2015, touring with the company to Lausanne, London and Shanghai. Nathan joined the corps de ballet of The Australian Ballet in 2016; he was promoted to coryphée in 2018 and soloist in 2019.
- Herr Drosselmeyer in Peter Wright's The Nutcrcacker
- The Artist in Graeme Murphy's The Happy Prince
- Orion in Stanton Welch's Sylvia
- Wayne McGregor's Chroma
- The New Dancer/Léonide Massine in John Neumeier's Nijinsky
- Graeme Murphy's Schéhérazade
- Stephen Baynes' Constant Variants
- The Caterpillar in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland©
- Second Movement Soloist in George Balanchine's Symphony in C
- Alice Topp's Aurum (Joyce Theater, New York)
You may not know ...
Nathan is the youngest of three boys. Growing up on the beach, both his older brothers became competitive surf boat rowers; Nathan prefers to scuba dive.