Montana Rubin was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and started dance classes at the age of three. She grew up in a ballet-loving family and from a young age would dance wherever she heard music (particularly in shopping centres). After moving to Australia, Montana trained at The Dance Spot in Randwick, Sydney (with Mark Reily and Peta Frith) and then at The Australian Ballet School. She joined The Australian Ballet in 2015.
- Swanilda in Coppélia (Regional Tour) 2018
- Princess Florine and the Fairy of Temperament in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2017
- Peasant Pas de deux in Giselle (Regional Tour) 2017
- Aurora, the Canari Fairy and Red Riding Hood in Storytime Ballet: The Sleeping Beauty 2105/16
- Hong Kong Ballet's Coppélia 2017
You may not know
Montana was involved in competitive swimming before turning to ballet, and was a keen drummer throughout primary school; she now devotes her spare time to photography and reading crime thrillers.