Marcus Morelli was born in Melbourne and started dance classes at the age of ten. He studied at the Jane Moore Academy of Ballet and The Australian Ballet School, and toured with The Dancers Company in 2013. He joined The Australian Ballet in 2014; he was promoted to coryphée in 2015, and to soloist in 2017, after dancing the Bluebird in The Sleeping Beauty.
- Stanislav Nijinsky in John Neumeier's Nijinsky 2016
- Actéon in Diana and Actéon Pas de deux 2016
- The Bluebird in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- Puck in Frederick Ashton’s The Dream 2015
- Peasant Pas de deux in Maina Gielgud’s Giselle 2015
- Earl’s Equerry in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015
- Trepak in Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker 2014
- Agni the Fire God and Fakir in Stanton Welch’s La Bayadère 2014
- Pas de cinq in Serge Lifar’s Suite en blanc 2014
You may not know
Marcus enjoys playing video games, watching TV, and skateboarding in his spare time.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2015