Marcus Morelli was born in Melbourne and started dance classes at the age of ten. He studied at the Jane Moore Academy of Ballet and The Australian Ballet School, and toured with The Dancers Company in 2013. He joined The Australian Ballet in 2014; he was promoted to coryphée in 2015, and to soloist in 2017, after dancing the Bluebird in The Sleeping Beauty. He was promoted to senior artist after the 2018 season of Spartacus.
- The Swallow in Graeme Murphy's The Happy Prince
- Eros in Stanton Welch's Sylvia
- Spartacus in Lucas Jervies' Spartacus
- The Prince in Alexei Ratmansky's Cinderella
- Stanislav Nijinsky in John Neumeier's Nijinsky
- Actéon in Diana and Actéon Pas de deux
- The Bluebird in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty
- Puck in Frederick Ashton’s The Dream
- Peasant Pas de deux in Maina Gielgud’s Giselle
- Agni the Fire God and Fakir in Stanton Welch’s La Bayadère
You may not know
Marcus enjoys playing video games, watching TV, and skateboarding in his spare time.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2015