Luke Marchant was born in Maitland, New South Wales and, inspired by his brother, began ballet classes at the age of four. After early training at the Marie Walton-Mahon Dance Academy, Luke moved to Melbourne to attend The Australian Ballet School. He toured with The Dancers Company in 2007 and 2008. He joined The Australian Ballet in 2009 and was promoted to coryphée in 2015.
- Bottom in Frederick Ashton’s The Dream 2015
- Pas de cinq in Serge Lifar’s Suite en blanc 2014
- Earl in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2014
- Dancing Gent in Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon 2014
- Fakir in Stanton Welch’s La Bayadère 2014
- Lead Pontevedrian in Ronald Hynd’s The Merry Widow 2011
- Nacho Duato’s Pos vos muero 2009
You may not know
Luke has been an enthusiastic skier since the age of two.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2011