Jill began ballet at the age of four in Sydney, before moving to Adelaide when she was ten. She continued with ballet, and also began tap, jazz and contemporary. She graduated from The Australian Ballet School in 2011, and joined The Australian Ballet in 2012 as a member of the corps de ballet. After recovering from a knee injury early in her career, Jill danced a wide range of repertoire and was promoted to coryphée in 2015. In 2017 Jill went on scholarship for a month, and travelled around Europe to take class and watch other companies perform. It was an extremely enlightening time, and gave her new inspiration when she came back to Australia. This, combined with continued growth as an artist and performer, earnt her a promotion to soloist in 2018.
- Tim Harbour’s Filigree and Shadow
- Twyla Tharp In the Upper Room
- William Forsythe’s In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated
- Princess Florine in David McAllister’s The Sleeping Beauty
- Swanhilda in George Ogilvie and Peggy van Praagh’s Coppélia
- Stephen Baynes’ Unspoken Dialogues
- Clara in Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker
- Psyche in Stanton Welch’s Sylvia
- Wayne McGregor’s Chroma and Dyad 1929
- Countess Nordston in Yuri Possokhov’s Anna Karenina
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Rising Star Award
- Expressions Dance Company Solo Festival of Dance, Tim Harbour’s Extro 2014
You may not know
In 2013, Jill was riding the bus to work in Sydney when a fellow commuter caught her eye. She gave him her number and they started dating; they were married in early 2021.