Jill Ogai was born in Sydney in 1993, and grew up on Bondi Beach. At the age of four she and her twin brother, after watching a ballet video, surprised their parents by asking if they could start ballet classes. She began at The Ballet Class Rose Bay. When her family moved to Adelaide she continued training with Sheila Laing and Elayne Cherry before moving to Melbourne at age 14 to begin full-time studies at The Australian Ballet School. Jill toured with The Dancers Company in 2010 and 2011 and joined The Australian Ballet Company in 2012.
- The Duchess in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2016
- William Forsythe's In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated 2016
- Diana and Actéon Pas de deux 2016
- Fairy of Temperament and Princess Florine in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- Tim Harbour’s Filigree and Shadow 2015
- Twyla Tharp’s In the Upper Room 2015
- Dumpy Stepsister in Alexei Ratmansky’s Cinderella 2015, 2014
- Moth in Frederick Ashton’s The Dream 2015
- First Shade variation in Stanton Welch’s La Bayadère 2014
- Expressions Dance Company Solo Festival of Dance, Tim Harbour’s Extro 2014
You may not know
Jill paints, draws and makes her own clothing.