Encouraged by his dance-teacher mother, Jarryd Madden started dancing at the age of three at his local dance school in Wauchope, New South Wales. He remained there until 2005 when, aged 16, he joined Melbourne’s National Theatre Ballet School. After a guest stint with The Australian Ballet during the 2007 season of Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker, Jarryd officially joined the company at the beginning of 2008; he was promoted to coryphée in 2011, to soloist in 2015 and to senior artist in 2017. A versatile artist, Jarryd has performed in every Bodytorque season since joining the company.
- Jack/Knave of Hearts, Mad Hatter and Caterpillar in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2017
- Doctor/Beloved Officer in Graeme Murphy's Nutcracker – The Story of Clara 2017
- Wayne McGregor's Infra 2017
- Franz in Peggy van Praagh's Coppélia 2016
- William Forsythe's In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated 2016
- Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Jirí Kylián’s Bella Figura 2013
- Wayne McGregor's Dyad 1929 2013, 2009
- Nacho Duato's Por Vos Muero 2009
- Nicolo Fonte’s Possibility Space 2008
You may not know
Jarryd is an avid comic-book collector, movie buff and music lover. He has a daughter, Willow, and a son, Phoenix, with fellow dancer Amy Harris.
- Telstra People's Choice Award 2016
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2012
- Green Room Award for Year's Work 2019