Jake was born on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. As soon as his parents discovered that their baby was bopping his little head to any music he heard, they put him into dance classes. At the age of ten Jake successfully auditioned for The Australian Ballet School. At the age of 18 he joined The Australian Ballet. He was promoted to coryphée in 2017 and to soloist in 2018.
- Tim Harbour's Squander and Glory 2017
- Vaslav Nijinsky in John Neumeier's Nijinsky 2016
- Stephen Page's Waramuk - in the dark night 2012
- Graham Murphy's Beyond Twelve 2012
- Gary Stewart's Monument 2011
- Telstra People's Choice Award 2017, 2012
You may not know
In 2014 Jake made the decision to take a two-year sabbatical and fulfil a life-long dream to serve as a Christian missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day-Saints. He served in the Toronto mission and returned to The Australian Ballet in 2016.