Jade Wood was born in Cairns, Queensland, and started dancing at the age of three at the Jillanne Reynolds School of Dance. After moving to Portugal for a year when she was ten, she returned to Cairns and successfully auditioned for The Australian Ballet School’s Interstate Junior Program. In 2004 Jade relocated to Melbourne to attend The Australian Ballet School’s after-school program; in 2007 she was accepted as a full-time student, continuing her academic studies at the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School. Jade toured with The Dancers Company in 2009 and 2010 and joined The Australian Ballet in 2011.
- Agrippina Vaganova's Diana and Actéon Pas de deux 2016
- Red Pas de deux in Jiří Kylián's Forgotten Land 2016
- The Duchess in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2016
- Princess Florine, the Fairy of Musicality and the Duchess in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- "Bomb Squad" Ballerina in Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Peasant Pas de deux in Maina Gielgud’s Giselle 2015
- Star in Alexei Ratmansky’s Cinderella 2015
- Cygnet in Stephen Baynes’ and Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015, 2012
- Mustardseed in Frederick Ashton’s The Dream 2015
- Sérénade solo in Serge Lifar’s Suite en blanc 2014
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2014
You may not know
Jade has a keen interest in forensic science and is studying for a science degree.