Jade Wood was born in Cairns, Queensland, and started dancing at the age of three at the Jillanne Reynolds School of Dance. After moving with her family to Portugal for a year when she was ten, she returned to Cairns and joined The Australian Ballet School’s Interstate Junior Programme, traveling to Melbourne a few times per year. In 2004, Jade relocated to Melbourne to attend The Australian Ballet School. She toured with The Dancers Company in 2009 and 2010 and joined The Australian Ballet in 2011. She has toured internationally with the company to New York, Los Angeles, Berkeley, Beijing, Shanghai and London. She was promoted to coryphée in 2015, to soloist in 2017 and to senior artist in 2018.
- Alice in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2017
- Giselle in The Australian Ballet's Regional Tour of Giselle, 2017
- Viktor Gvosky's Grand pas classique 2017
- 4th Movement Principal in George Balanchine's Symphony in C 2017
- Dawn in Peggy van Praagh's Coppélia 2016
- Agrippina Vaganova's Diana and Actéon Pas de deux 2016
- Red Pas de deux in Jiří Kylián's Forgotten Land 2016
- Princess Florine, the Fairy of Musicality and the Duchess in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- "Bomb Squad" Ballerina in Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Peasant Pas de deux in Maina Gielgud’s Giselle 2015
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2016, 2014
You may not know
Jade and her fiancé are proud owners of two long-haired miniature dachshunds named Bentley and Winter.