Ingrid Gow was born in Randwick, Sydney in 1987. She knew from the age of four that she wanted to grow up to be a ballerina. Her training began at Academy Ballet in Sydney and continued at the New Zealand School of Dance. In 2007 Ingrid successfully auditioned for Royal New Zealand Ballet, where she danced for three years. Ingrid joined The Australian Ballet in 2010; she was promoted to coryphée in 2013 and to soloist in 2018.
- Princess Royal in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015
- Richard House’s Control and Finding the Calm for Bodytorque 2014, 2013
- Frederick Ashton’s Symphonic Variations 2015
- Jiří Kylián's Petite Mort 2014
- Jiří Kylián's Bella Figura 2013
- Skinny Stepsister in Alexei Ratmansky's Cinderella 2016, 2015, 2013
- Garry Stewart's Monument 2013
- Lady Capulet in Graeme Murphy's Romeo & Juliet 2011
- Grand Matriarch in Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow 2011
You may not know
Ingrid loves reading and adding to her high-heel collection.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2014