Christopher Rodgers-Wilson was born in England but grew up in Melbourne; he started ballet classes at the age of six. He trained at the Camberwell District Ballet School before moving to London to study at The Royal Ballet School. He joined Birmingham Royal Ballet in 2007. While there he danced numerous roles including the pas de quatre in Peter Wright’s The Sleeping Beauty, the pas de six in Swan Lake, Rose Fairy Cavalier in Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker, First Seminarian in David Bintley’s Carmina Burana, the Mandolin Dance in Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s Romeo and Juliet, Grosse Fugue by Hans van Manen and In the Upper Room by Twyla Tharp. He toured with BRB to Japan, China and the USA. He joined The Australian Ballet in 2011; he was promoted to coryphée in 2013, to soloist in 2016 and to senior artist in 2019.
- Camille in Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow 2018
- Jack/Knave in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2017
- Franz in George Ogilvie and Peggy van Praagh's Coppélia 2016
- The Bluebird in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- Peasant Pas de deux in Maina Gielgud’s Giselle 2015
- Earl in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015
- Frederick Ashton’s Symphonic Variations and The Dream 2015
- Wayne McGregor's Chroma 2014
- Jiří Kylián’s Petite Mort 2014
- The Adolescent in Graeme Murphy's Beyond Twelve 2012
You may not know
In addition to dancing and his family and friends, Chris has a passionate love for all kinds of breakfast foods.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award 2013
- Swan Lake Act III and Paquita, The Dancers Company tour 2014, 2013