Callum Linnane grew up in Ballarat, Victoria. At the age of seven he began training in all styles of dance at the Ballarat Centre of Music and the Arts; he started ballet classes with Lauren Young at the age of eleven. Callum was accepted into The Australian Ballet School in 2008 and graduated dux with honours. He joined The Australian Ballet in 2015; he was promoted to coryphée in 2017 to soloist in 2018 and to senior artist in 2021.
- George Balanchine's Tschaikovsky Pas de Deux
- Wayne McGregor's Chroma
- Alice Topp's Logos
- Albrecht in Maina Gielgud's Giselle
- Jack/Knave of Hearts in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland©
- The Prince in Alexei Ratmansky's Cinderella
- Vaslav Nijinsky in John Neumeier's Nijinsky
- First Movement Principal in George Balanchine's Symphony in C
- William Forsythe's In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated 2016
- Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award 2016
You may not know
Callum is related to Lieutenant-Colonel Vivian Bullwinkel, AO, MBE, ARRC, ED, FNM, an Australian Army nurse during the Second World War and the sole surviving nurse of the Bangka Island Massacre, which took place on 16 February 1942. Vivian was an Australian hero.