Brodie James was born in Perth and began his dance training with jazz and acrobatics at the Jody Marshall Dance Company in 2001. He trained at The Graduate College of Dance from 2005 under the direction of Dawn Weller. He was offered a scholarship to attend The Australian Ballet School in 2008; while there he spent time studying at Canada’s National Ballet School as an exchange student. He toured with The Dancers Company in 2011 and joined The Australian Ballet in 2012. In 2014 he participated in a dancer exchange, performing with the Royal Ballet of Flanders in Antwerp. He was promoted to coryphée in 2017, and to soloist in 2018.
- The Prince in Peter Wright's The Nutcracker 2019
- Orion in Stanton Welch's Sylvia 2019
- The Prince in Alexei Ratmansky's Cinderella 2018
- Tim Harbour's Filigree and Shadow 2018
- The Caterpillar in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2017
- Viktor Gsovsky's Grand pas classique 2017, 2016
- Albrecht in Giselle (Regional Tour) 2016
- "White Couple" in Jiří Kylián's Forgotten Land 2016
- Frederick Ashton’s Monotones II 2015
- Garuda the Dream God in Stanton Welch’s La Bayadère 2014
You may not know
Brodie is currently studying a bachelor of media and communications online.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominations 2018, 2016
- Paquita and Swan Lake Act III, The Dancers Company tour 2015