Amy was born in Ararat, Victoria and began jazz and tap classes at her local ballet school at the age of three. From the age of ten, Amy trained in the Cecchetti method with Carole Oliver School of Ballet in Ballarat, and as a Cecchetti scholar won bronze and silver medals. In 1999, aged 15, Amy successfully auditioned for The Australian Ballet School. She joined The Australian Ballet in 2002 and was promoted to coryphée in 2007, soloist in 2011 and senior artist in 2012.
- 2nd Ballerina in George Balanchine’s Ballet Imperial 2014
- Lescaut’s Mistress in Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon 2014
- Wayne McGregor’s Chroma 2014
- Jiří Kylián’s Petite Mort and Bella Figura 2014, 2013
- Baroness von Rothbart in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2013
- Stepmother in Alexei Ratmansky’s Cinderella 2013
- Street Dancer, Queen of the Dryads and Lead Bridesmaid in Rudolf Nureyev’s Don Quixote 2013
- 1st Theme and Choleric in George Balanchine’s The Four Temperaments 2013
- Glen Tetley’s Gemini 2012
- Hanna in The Merry Widow 2011
You may not know
Amy is married to fellow dancer Jarryd Madden, and they have a baby girl, Willow Ava Madden.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award 2012
- Telstra People’s Choice Award 2010, 2008
- Principal Lady in Paquita and Odile in Swan Lake, The Dancers Company tour 2013