Amy was born in Ararat, Victoria and began jazz and tap classes at her local ballet school at the age of three. From the age of ten, Amy trained in the Cecchetti method with Carole Oliver School of Ballet in Ballarat, and as a Cecchetti scholar won bronze and silver medals. In 1999, aged 15, Amy successfully auditioned for The Australian Ballet School. She joined The Australian Ballet in 2002 and was promoted to coryphée in 2007, soloist in 2011 and senior artist in 2012. In 2018 she was promoted to principal artist on stage after her performance in Tertulla in the world premiere of Lucas Jervies' Spartacus.
- The Queen of Hearts in Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland© 2017
- Wayne McGregor’s Infra 2017
- Aurora and the Lilac Fairy in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2017
- The Stepmother in Alexei Ratmansky's Cinderella 2016
- Baroness von Rothbart in Graeme Murphy's Swan Lake 2016
- William Forsythe's In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated 2016
- Swanilda in Peggy van Praagh’s Coppélia 2016
- Romola in John Neumeier's Nijinsky 2016
- Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Hanna in The Merry Widow 2011
You may not know
Amy is married to fellow dancer Jarryd Madden, and they have a daughter, Willow Ava Madden.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award 2012
- Telstra People’s Choice Award 2010, 2008
- Principal Lady in Paquita and Odile in Swan Lake, The Dancers Company tour 2013