Orchestra Victoria is one of only two highly specialised Ballet and Opera orchestras in Australia and is the proud performance partner of The Australian Ballet, Opera Australia and Victorian Opera.
Interested in working in one of Australia’s most innovative orchestras, in one of the world’s most liveable cities? Orchestra Victoria is a performance partner of Australia’s national ballet company, The Australian Ballet, and national opera company, Opera Australia and has a rich performance life beyond the pit, providing orchestral concerts, education programmes, and regional festivals across the beautiful state of Victoria.
Section Principal Oboe
Audition: Tuesday 9 July 2019
Open to Australian and New Zealand citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia only.
Further information about this opportunity is available here
Applications close: 21 June 2019
Head of Operations and Planning
Orchestra Victoria is seeking a highly-experienced manager to lead its operations team. The Head of Operations and Planning is responsible for;
- Leading, and ensuring best practice for, the operations, production and planning functions of Orchestra Victoria
- Ensuring occupational health, safety and wellbeing of musicians, in accordance with Orchestra Victoria’s policies, legislation and codes of practice
- Providing advice in relation to the interpretation of the company’s EA and associated polices and activities
- Overseeing the company’s facility and equipment management, freight, logistics, security and access
- In conjunction with the Orchestra Manager, and as required, take the lead role solely or jointly in managing production requirements for the Company’s self-presented performances, education programs and events
- Assisting with oversight of the musicians’ payroll and ensuring compliance with the EA, HR policies and regulations and other statutory requirements
Desired Skills & Experience
You are an exceptional organiser with a demonstrated ability to plan and deliver artistic programs within budget. You have significant knowledge of arts management, operations and OHS, and you thrive in a dynamic team environment focused on delivering orchestral pit service excellence to multiple stakeholders.
Please email all enquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 5 July 2019.
WORK WITH US
Orchestra Victoria offers:
- Excellent salaries
- Performances opportunities in the greatest of opera, ballet, symphonic and chamber music repertoire
- A very exciting and friendly working environment
- World-class health and well-being programs for musicians
Please check this site regularly for updates on work opportunities with Orchestra Victoria.
For more information, you may contact: