Get ready to jump, leap and twirl in these special open classes lead by a member of our Artistic Staff.
These non-syllabus classes are for classical ballet students aged 13 – 18 (minimum grade 6 experience) and are designed to give you the chance to work to perfect your skills and learn new techniques (which our dancers use themselves).
Where and when
July 2017 and October 2017
$29 per student
Dancers aged 13 - 18
Step Inside Email
News about and offers for our events, talks and classesSign up
Venues and dates
29 Campbell St, Hobart
Her Majesty's Theatre
17 Lydiard St S, Ballarat
Wangaratta Arts Centre
33-37 Ford St, Wangaratta
Albury Entertainment Centre
525 Swift St, Albury
Adelaide Entertainment Centre
98 Port Street, Hindmarsh
On the day
- Please meet in the foyer of the theatre
- Please complete the relevant information on the participant information form and bring it along with your ticket.
- There are limited change room facilities so please arrive dressed and ready for class
What to wear
- Non-restrictive tights or leggings
- T-shirt, leotard or sports top
- Ballet shoes or socks
What to bring
- A bottle of water and a towel
- It’s recommended that you don’t eat in the 90 minutes before class and are well hydrated.
- Arrive at least five minutes before class, as there is no late admittance
- Please turn off phones and mobile devices
- Listen carefully to the teacher’s instructions
Disclaimer: Ballet classes can involve risk of personal injury. While The Australian Ballet takes all reasonable care in the conduct of its classes, it accepts no responsibility for injury or loss caused during classes or whilst participants are at or near the class venue. You are responsible for ensuring that you are physically and mentally fit for the class and during the class you must at all times take care of your own personal safety.