Once Upon a Time: The Sleeping Beauty is a magical ballet experience for the littlest lovers of dance. This special child-friendly version of The Sleeping Beauty is a fully staged production performed with live music and narrated by the royal servant; Catalabutte. It’s fun, interactive and will have everyone out of their seats twirling for joy. Come dressed in your favourite ballet-inspired outfit and join in the fun.
60 minutes (approximately)
Ages 3 and above
Step Inside Email
News about and offers for our events, talks and classesSign up
Fairies, a villain and a sleeping princess ... Once Upon a Time: The Sleeping Beauty has all the magic and wonder of the full-length production in a child-friendly format.
Venues and Dates
Arts Centre Melbourne
100 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne
13 Campbell St, Haymarket, Sydney
- Once Upon a Time: The Sleeping Beauty has been designed for children aged four and above. It features a live orchestra and narrator.
- The performance runs for approximately 60 minutes with no interval. The venue will open 30 minutes before the show commences.
- If you leave the auditorium during the performance you will not be permitted to re‑enter. This is so the performers and your fellow audience members won't be interrupted.
- Prams are not permitted in the auditorium, however, Sydney Opera House and Arts Centre Melbourne will provide pram parking.
- Read The Australian Ballet's tips on how to prepare your children for the ballet.