Find your ballet tribe! This boys-only event brings young male dancers together to take class from one of our artists (some of whom started out in Boys Day themselves). There’ll be male-specific coaching, the chance to ask questions and ringside seats at company class. Inspiration guaranteed!
Please note, these classes are for boys aged 9 – 14 with a foundation in ballet and are not designed for beginners.
The class for Boys' Day in Brisbane on the 2nd March will be taught by Jake Mangakahia
Boys Day is a chance for me to give back to a program that inspired me when I was youngerJoseph Chapman, Coryphee
$29 per student
Male dancers aged 9 – 14
Step Inside Email
News about and offers for our events, talks and classesSign up
Venues and Dates
Queensland Performing Arts Centre
Grey St & Melbourne Street, South Brisbane
Sydney Opera House
Bennelong Point, Sydney
Arts Centre Melbourne
100 St Kilda Road
Here's some important information you need to know before attending Boys Day:
- The meeting point for Boys Day is Stage Door at the venue
- Please complete the relevant information on the Participant Information Form and bring it along with your ticket.
What to wear
- Non-restrictive tights or leggings
- T-shirt, leotard or sports top
- Ballet shoes or socks
Limited change room facilities are available 10 minutes before your class commences
What to bring
- A bottle of water and a towel
- It’s recommended that you don’t eat in the 90 minutes before class and are well hydrated
- Arrive at least five minutes before class, as there is no late admittance
- Please turn off phones and mobile devices
- Listen carefully to the teacher’s instructions
If you have questions about this event, please phone The Australian Ballet customer experience team on 1300 369 741.
Disclaimer: Ballet classes can involve risk of personal injury. While The Australian Ballet takes all reasonable care in the conduct of its classes, it accepts no responsibility for injury or loss caused during classes or whilst participants are at or near the class venue. You are responsible for ensuring that you are physically and mentally fit for the class and during the class you must at all times take care of your own personal safety.