Sarah Thompson began dancing at the age of four at The Toowoomba School of Ballet, under the guidance of Dale Coles. She was a member of The Australian Ballet School's Interstate Junior Program from 2001, before being offered a full-time position at the School in 2004. In 2006 Sarah travelled under scholarship to The School of American Ballet in New York and the National Ballet School in Canada as part of The Australian Ballet School’s annual exchange program. She performed on The Dancers Company's tour of 2006 and 2007 before joining The Australian Ballet in 2008.
Sarah's last year with the company was 2018.
- Fairy of Musicality in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- Christopher Wheeldon's DGV©: Danse à grande vitesse 2016
- Cygnet in Stephen Baynes’ Swan Lake 2016, 2012
- Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2008 – 2015
- Graeme Murphy’s Beyond Twelve 2012
- Alexei Ratmansky’s Scuola di ballo 2009
You may not know
Sarah has an interest in health and wellness and is studying online towards a Bachelor of Health Science.