Yuumi Yumada was born in Ami, in the north of Japan, and trained at the Sakurai Classical Ballet Studio. When she was 16, she moved to Melbourne to study at The Australian Ballet School. She toured with The Dancers Company in 2015. In 2016, she danced in The Australian Ballet’s production of Swan Lake and in its regional tour of Giselle. She joined the company in 2017; she was promoted to coryphée in 2018 and to soloist in 2021.
- George Balanchine's Tschaikovsky Pas de Deux
- Second Pas de Deux in William Forsythe's Artifact Suite
- Clara in Peter Wright's The Nutcracker
- Fairy of Musicality in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty
- Peasant Pas de deux in Maina Gielgud's Giselle
- Swanilda in Coppélia (Regional Tour)
- Beethoven Pas de Deux in Graeme Murphy's Grand
You may not know
Yuumi says, "I love to spend my spare time with dogs: I've found it’s the best meditation. Another meditation for me is playing video games. Also, ever since I became a big fan of the Korean group BTS I’ve been interested in Korean culture."