Cristiano began ballet in his hometown of Adelaide at The Barbara Jayne Dance Centre. He moved to Melbourne in 2009 to join The Australian Ballet School, where he trained for four years before graduating as dux. He joined The Australian Ballet in 2013; he was promoted to coryphée in 2015, to soloist in 2017 and to senior artist in 2018.
- Spartacus in Lucas Jervies' Spartacus 2018
- The Prince in Alexei Ratmansky's Cinderella 2018
- Prince Désiré and the Bluebird in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2017
- Wayne McGregor's Infra 2017
- The Golden Slave/Faun in John Neumeier's Nijinsky 2016
- Benno in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2016
- Viktor Gvosky's Grand pas classique 2016
- Oberon in Frederick Ashton’s The Dream 2015
- Frederick Ashton’s Symphonic Variations 2015
- Jiří Kylián’s Petite Mort 2014
You may not know
Cristiano is still best friends with his first dancing partner, whom he’s known from the age of ten; she often comes to see him dance.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2014