Melbourne-born Calvin Hannaford began his dance training at the age of three at the Bartuccio School of Dance, where he studied jazz and singing. He began his full-time dance training at age twelve at the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School. There he studied ballet, jazz, contemporary, acrobatics and tap along with all his high-school academic subjects. In 2006 Calvin was a semi-finalist at the Beijing International Ballet Invitational for Dance Schools competition. He began his three-year course at The Australian Ballet School in 2007. He toured with The Dancers Company in 2008 and 2009 and performed as a guest corps de ballet dancer for The Australian Ballet's Swan Lake (2008) and Petrouchka (2009) before joining the company in 2010. Calvin was promoted to coryphée in 2013.
- Earl’s Equerry in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015, 2013
- Jiří Kylián’s Sechs Tänze 2014
- Dancing Gent in Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon 2014
- Wayne McGregor’s Dyad 1929 2013
- Graeme Murphy’s Beyond Twelve 2012
- Alice Topp’s Trace 2015, 2010
You may not know
Calvin is an interior design enthusiast and loves dreaming up big ideas for house renovations.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2012