Amanda was born in Sydney and studied at McDonald College and at Tanya Pearson’s Classical Coaching Academy. She was also a junior associate of The Australian Ballet School. At the age of 15 she moved to London to study at The Royal Ballet School. After graduation, she joined American Ballet Theatre (2007–2010) and then the Dutch National Ballet (2010 – 2013). With these two companies she toured extensively and danced featured roles such as Lady Montague in Romeo and Juliet, a Lead Swan in Swan Lake, and the Lilac Fairy in The Sleeping Beauty. She joined The Australian Ballet in 2014 and was promoted to coryphée in 2015.
- William Forsythe's In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated 2016
- Twyla Tharp's In the Upper Room 2015
- Fairy of Joy in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- Stepmother in Alexei Ratmansky’s Cinderella 2015
- Frederick Ashton’s Monotones II and Symphonic Variations 2015
- Myrtha, Queen of the Wilis in Maina Gielgud’s Giselle 2015
- Princess Royal in Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake 2015
You may not know
As a student, Amanda was an extra in The Australian Ballet’s premiere of Graeme Murphy’s Swan Lake.
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award nominee 2015