You’re invited to explore inside The Australian Ballet Production Centre in Altona, Melbourne – a 10,000 square-metre, custom-designed wonderland that houses over 50 years’ worth of archival costumes and over 130 large containers of props. From Graeme Murphy’s cygnet tutus to Cinderella’s coach, every artefact is recorded and preserved.
You’ll be chauffeured to the Centre in a town car, hear incredible insights from our production team, get a tour of our vast costume archives and maybe catch a glimpse of a new production in the making. The tour will be led by Colin Peasley OAM, former principal artist and longest serving dancer in the company’s history.
Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to discover the magic, beauty and history of the ballet like never before.
Please ensure you bring a completed Participant Information Form with you to the tour.
Where and when
Melbourne 6 Jul – 28 Sep
160 per person (each tour is limited to 12 spots)
2 hours including transfers
Ages 16 and above
Production Centre Tours
Explore The Australian Ballet’s priceless collection of sets and costumesPhotography Kate Longley
Here's some important information you need to know before attending our Exclusive Production Centre Tour:
- Meeting point: The Primrose Potter Australian Ballet Centre. Level 1, 2 Kavanagh Street, Southbank.
- This event involves approximately one hour of walking with some stairs. Please wear comfortable footwear on the day.
- Photography is not permitted within the production centre for copyright reasons, however if you’d like a photograph with Colin Peasley, please ask him and he will try to find an appropriate location and moment to make this happen.
- Please keep in mind that the Production Centre is a working environment – although it may be tempting to touch set props and costumes, for your own safety we ask that you refrain from doing so.
- Please listen to all instructions carefully and stick together as one group.
- Please complete the Participant Information Form before attending.
- Suitable for ages 16+.